Just the other day I was thinking about how I could use the ShowMe app to walk students through an app demonstration so that I could show them to my students or other teachers that may want to use an iOS app. What I came up with is a very simple process that I think will work if you are trying to add images to your lesson video.
- Tap the power button and the home button at the same time on your iOS device to take a screen shot. The Camera Roll has powerful tools to crop and resize the image. You may want to crop the unwanted parts of the images.
- Import the image from your camera roll into the ShowMe application and begin layering the images as you go through the lesson video.
- Set the Accessibility feature in the Settings app on the iPad so that you can zoom in on the features that you want to highlight, just remember that you may have to take several screenshots for this to be effective, which will require more layering.
- Using the pen settings in the ShowMe application highlight the important features of the application.
- Upload your video or send out an email so that everyone can see it or use it.